10 April, 2010

Didi Benami waited on Kris!

American Idol contestant Didi Benami has reportedly revealed that she once waited on last season's winner Kris Allen.

The 23-year-old singer, who exited the Fox competition last week, told OK that she met Allen after his win when he dined at a restaurant she was working in as a waitress.

"His family came in before and they were really really sweet. I remembered them because they were so nice, and then I went over to the table and he looked so familiar," she explained.

"I was like, 'Aren't you the guy who won American Idol?' He was like, 'Yeah'. So I told him that I was about to go audition for American Idol. He asked what I was going to sing, I said 'Hey Jude'."

Benami went on to say that Allen's advice had been, 'Just be yourself', and that the singer had remembered her when he visited the Idol set to discuss his charity trip to Haiti last month.

"He was like, 'Oh my gosh! I just put two and two together'. But his wife [Katy] apparently came into the restaurant and asked for me again," she added. "They were so sweet."

No comments:

Post a Comment